Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work Location in DS160 - Request an Immediate Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Location in DS160 - Request an Immediate Help!

Hello,

I have to visit India in January and get my visa re-stamped. I recently moved to a new location which is 1 mile away from my previous work location (within same geographic area, city and zip code) . My employer's attorney said I can still use my previous LCA but they will give me some approval mail. I don't know yet whether that approval mail will be from DOL or USCIS.

My question is what address should I fill in DS-160 form? If I fill new work location, will it trigger questions by Visa Officer since my I-129 and LCA shows previous location? If I want I-129, LCA and DS-160 to be in sync and fill previous work location, is there any risk in that?

Much thanks for your time!
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Originally posted by SKDS160 View Post
    Hello,

I have to visit India in January and get my visa re-stamped. I recently moved to a new location which is 1 mile away from my previous work location (within same geographic area, city and zip code) . My employer's attorney said I can still use my previous LCA but they will give me some approval mail. I don't know yet whether that approval mail will be from DOL or USCIS.

My question is what address should I fill in DS-160 form? If I fill new work location, will it trigger questions by Visa Officer since my I-129 and LCA shows previous location? If I want I-129, LCA and DS-160 to be in sync and fill previous work location, is there any risk in that?

Much thanks for your time!
    Same client?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Same client?
      Yes Raghvi, I'm still working in the same project/Client.

Comment

Yes Raghvi, I'm still working in the same project/Client.
        Its always best to get an amendment done.

This is is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Its always best to get an amendment done.

This is is my opinion not legal advice.
          Thanks Raghvi! I will talk to my employer for that. Most probably they will come up saying it's not required .

Also I noticed that my I-129 has job title as 'Computer Programmer', however the latest LCA has Designation as 'Computer Programmer 2'. Is it ok if job title is same and its just the level that has changed? Since level has changed there is a $600 difference in salary in I-129 and the latest LCA.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi! I will talk to my employer for that. Most probably they will come up saying it's not required .

Also I noticed that my I-129 has job title as 'Computer Programmer', however the latest LCA has Designation as 'Computer Programmer 2'. Is it ok if job title is same and its just the level that has changed? Since level has changed there is a $600 difference in salary in I-129 and the latest LCA.
            I feel you need to have I129, LCA, I797 all to convey the same thing.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

I feel you need to have I129, LCA, I797 all to convey the same thing.

Thanks for the response. I'm going to mention the new address in DS-160 although that is different from what mentioned in I129. My employer is going to give me an approval mail to show the old and new location are within same geographic area and it doesn't need new LCA.

I'm going to carry End Client Letter with new location mentioned on it. Client has written that they are going to need me till Dec, 2015 but the current SOW is valid upto Dec, 2014 and that is mentioned on Client Letter. My Employer has submitted SOWs to client for approval but it will take at least 3 weeks. I'm going to appear in Visa interview in Jan'15. Is that ok if I still carry that client letter?

I appreciate your time to answer my question! Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I'm going to mention the new address in DS-160 although that is different from what mentioned in I129. My employer is going to give me an approval mail to show the old and new location are within same geographic area and it doesn't need new LCA.

I'm going to carry End Client Letter with new location mentioned on it. Client has written that they are going to need me till Dec, 2015 but the current SOW is valid upto Dec, 2014 and that is mentioned on Client Letter. My Employer has submitted SOWs to client for approval but it will take at least 3 weeks. I'm going to appear in Visa interview in Jan'15. Is that ok if I still carry that client letter?

I appreciate your time to answer my question! Thanks.
                You can only go ahead with what you have in hand and hope for the best.

Comment

You can only go ahead with what you have in hand and hope for the best.

Thanks Raghvi, you're a great help!

Comment

Thanks Raghvi, you're a great help!
                    I need to answer a question in DS-160. It asks for person/entity paid for the trip. Since I'm going to India on Vacation, I have booked the tickets by myself. What should I answer to this question? Is employer bound to pay the tickets? I don't expect any money from employer but what should I fill in DS-160? Can VO ask questions if I answer "self"?

Comment

I need to answer a question in DS-160. It asks for person/entity paid for the trip. Since I'm going to India on Vacation, I have booked the tickets by myself. What should I answer to this question? Is employer bound to pay the tickets? I don't expect any money from employer but what should I fill in DS-160? Can VO ask questions if I answer "self"?
                      Can someone please help answer this question?

Comment

If you are paying for the trip you should put your name.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X