H1B travel DS160 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B travel DS160 help

I was working in US on H1B for employer A(with whom I had valid H1b till 2016). I switched jobs to Employer B(in US) and joined Employer B as soon as petition request number arrived. As luck would have it the petition got rejected and I had to travel back to India. My employer B filed for a fresh H1B cap extension from India and It got approved. Now I am going in to US consulate for Visa stamping. While filling in the DS160 I found an interesting question-
    Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the point of entry?

I am not sure on this question because of its first part(Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa). When they refer to US VISA are they referring to the stamping being rejected or my H1B transfer being denied. Cause I have been to US consulate for visa "stamping" before and have never been denied, But my H1B transfer to my new employer was denied when I switched jobs in US. SHould my answer be yes or No.

Originally posted by varunnambiar1985 View Post
    I was working in US on H1B for employer A(with whom I had valid H1b till 2016). I switched jobs to Employer B(in US) and joined Employer B as soon as petition request number arrived. As luck would have it the petition got rejected and I had to travel back to India. My employer B filed for a fresh H1B cap extension from India and It got approved. Now I am going in to US consulate for Visa stamping. While filling in the DS160 I found an interesting question-
    Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the point of entry?

I am not sure on this question because of its first part(Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa). When they refer to US VISA are they referring to the stamping being rejected or my H1B transfer being denied. Cause I have been to US consulate for visa "stamping" before and have never been denied, But my H1B transfer to my new employer was denied when I switched jobs in US. SHould my answer be yes or No.
    Answer should be NO. What was denied was not your visa but B's petition. You might also want to work on the reason for B's initial denial so that the same thing does not happen during the stamping for B.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X