Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping with DUI Arrest but no conviction

Hello All,

I was arrested for DUI (first offense) in December 2013 and I came for my H1B stamping (first time) in December 2014. I had my H1B interview at Hyderabd US embassy on last Wednesday, December 10th 2014. I had mentioned in my application that "I was arrested but not convicted, the case was dismissed", which is true to its word as the case was rejected by the court due to lack of evidence.

However I did not carry any documents related to the case as I thought they would have already checked it in their system. The interviewer asked me if I had any court documents but I did not have anything at the time of interview, he told me that he has ordered the documents from court (I do not know which one he contacted) and told me if I could get those documents I should contact the embassy. Now I have the documents sent by attorney which include his letter and court document showing that the case was rejected. I emailed US embassy, [email protected], stating that I have the required court documents and asked where should I submit those but they told me that I should send documents if I had a 221-G slip, which I did NOT receive.

Kindly let me know what I can do at this point as time is running out on my vacation and I really do not want to lose my visa over a rejected case of DUI.

Thank you so much for your help.

Though I think there might not be any issues but still according to me you should take some legal advice. One of my friend’s uncle is a DUI lawyer. If you want I can ask him to help you out. Let me know if you are still not sure what to do.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X