Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent! Hib laid off, question on transferring to B2 and green card issue

Hi,
    Just got informed that the company will eliminate my work position next year and the last day of work will be end of this month.
    Since it's holiday season and the hiring process is slow everywhere, the possibiloty of getting a new job within 2 weeks (mid Dec now) is very low.
    Heard from HR that it is possible to transfer to B2 visa to finish everything here or searching for new job, is it true?

More questions here. But my background first.
    On H1B which is the 3 year extension after the original 6 years. Current h1B will expire on 2017. Green card 140 was approved,and PD was Dec 2013.

Questions
    1. If I transfer to B2 and find another job later on within 6 months, do I need to get draw for H1b ? If so, does it count as the first year of the 6 year allowed? or, continue to use the current 3 year extended one?
    2. if I transfer to B2, will my previouse green card application be useless at all? The PD will have no meaning?

Btw, ismit possible to ask company to give grace period for another month ( Jan will be easier to look for new job), by telling them not pay?
    Really appreciated!
    Maggie

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X