Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like to file a complaint against my previous employer

Hi,
    I am on H1. I am working with an employer who is in Edison,NJ. He is running 3 companies on his wife name but he is actual owner. He didn't pay me on time ( we are facing this issue from long time..) if we ask for the salary he is telling us that he is going to withdraw our H1b. So we all are working without asking anything.

He is doing some illegal activities like preparing dummy H1b's and forced us to work on percentage basis to avoid giving 401k and Health insurance plans.
    We also accepting for getting more money.. but he is generating paystubs for $5000 and keeping the remaining amount as buffer but he is not giving back the amount as he promised.

I have copies of dummy H1b's. But thought these will affect others career we are not forarding these to clients as our friends will be in trouble..

If we leave the company he is threatening us like, he is going to file a case against us in the COurt.. and dropping us bad messages...

Can any one please guide us how can we save ourself from this employer..

Thanks,
    Vas

Before attempting any action against your employer, consider very carefully what you hope to gain. Do you want an improvement in your employment status or do you want to "punish" your employer?

If you are being compensated at an agreed-upon rate, my advice is to forget any intent to complain to a government agency about this employer. Finish your agreed-upon term and move on, or attempt to find another employer if it can be done without jeopardizing your visa status.

--Ray B

Originally posted by yajisoma View Post
    Hi,
    I am on H1. I am working with an employer who is in Edison,NJ. He is running 3 companies on his wife name but he is actual owner. He didn't pay me on time ( we are facing this issue from long time..) if we ask for the salary he is telling us that he is going to withdraw our H1b. So we all are working without asking anything.

He is doing some illegal activities like preparing dummy H1b's and forced us to work on percentage basis to avoid giving 401k and Health insurance plans.
    We also accepting for getting more money.. but he is generating paystubs for $5000 and keeping the remaining amount as buffer but he is not giving back the amount as he promised.

I have copies of dummy H1b's. But thought these will affect others career we are not forarding these to clients as our friends will be in trouble..

If we leave the company he is threatening us like, he is going to file a case against us in the COurt.. and dropping us bad messages...

Can any one please guide us how can we save ourself from this employer..

Thanks,
    Vas

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X