Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B with One Year Left?

Hello,

I need to know my options to continue having a valid H1B status.

I had 3 H1B visas. First was approved on 10/2001 and the last was valid until 10/2007 but I left the company on 10/2006.

Do I have 1 year left or more because I spent 1 month between jobs? Maybe I have 1 year and 2 months?

I've been outside of U.S. for over a year. If a company wants to sponsor me, what would be my options? Use the H1B quota starting on April or not?

If I can just do a transfer of H1B (having a year left), could the company request another 6 year H1B on my behalf since I was over a year outside of the U.S.?

Thanks.

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by demayorca View Post
      Hello,

I need to know my options to continue having a valid H1B status.

I had 3 H1B visas. First was approved on 10/2001 and the last was valid until 10/2007 but I left the company on 10/2006.

Do I have 1 year left or more because I spent 1 month between jobs? Maybe I have 1 year and 2 months?

I've been outside of U.S. for over a year. If a company wants to sponsor me, what would be my options? Use the H1B quota starting on April or not?

If I can just do a transfer of H1B (having a year left), could the company request another 6 year H1B on my behalf since I was over a year outside of the U.S.?

Thanks.

You have not given much details of what happened between 2007 till 2014. When were you last time in US on an H1? How long have you spent on H1 in last 6 Years?

As you are outside US for last 1 + Years then yes, you can apply for fresh H1 B quota in coming April, and if approved you can start from 01-Oct-2015 or later.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        You have not given much details of what happened between 2007 till 2014. When were you last time in US on an H1? How long have you spent on H1 in last 6 Years?

As you are outside US for last 1 + Years then yes, you can apply for fresh H1 B quota in coming April, and if approved you can start from 01-Oct-2015 or later.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
        Last time I had an H1 was in October 2006. After that, I had F1 visa and OPT until November 2013.

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X