No announcement yet.

Delay in joining on H1B visa ( Urgent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in joining on H1B visa ( Urgent)

I am currently on H4 visa. My H1B got approved with a start date of 1st Oct 2014. When my H1B visa was filed, I was in India and thus as per my immigration lawyer I have to go to India to get my visa stamped before I can start working on my H1B.

I will be flying this week to India to get my H1B visa stamped (due to personal reasons couldn't make it earlier) and I am wondering if it's a concern that I am getting my visa stamped almost 2 months after my visa start date ? Can they ask this question in Interview?

Do I need to take any specific documents?

Originally posted by ilovedelhi View Post
    I am currently on H4 visa. My H1B got approved with a start date of 1st Oct 2014. When my H1B visa was filed, I was in India and thus as per my immigration lawyer I have to go to India to get my visa stamped before I can start working on my H1B.

I will be flying this week to India to get my H1B visa stamped (due to personal reasons couldn't make it earlier) and I am wondering if it's a concern that I am getting my visa stamped almost 2 months after my visa start date ? Can they ask this question in Interview?

Do I need to take any specific documents?
    I dont see any issues as long as you have the latest employment letter.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      I dont see any issues as long as you have the latest employment letter.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thanks a lot Raghvi. I would appreciate if more people can confirm the same..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X