Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport renewal will effect my H1B Visa

Hi Immihelp

I am Venkata kiran, staying in india and have valid h1b visa on my passport and scheduled to travel in the month of MAR 2015, also i am planning to renew my passport at hyderabad office with a address change, just in case if i did not get my new passport in the period of 3 months(before my travel plan) can i travel with my existing passport. please reply bit confused

Regards
    Kiran

Originally posted by venky_115 View Post
    Hi Immihelp

I am Venkata kiran, staying in india and have valid h1b visa on my passport and scheduled to travel in the month of MAR 2015, also i am planning to renew my passport at hyderabad office with a address change, just in case if i did not get my new passport in the period of 3 months(before my travel plan) can i travel with my existing passport. please reply bit confused

Regards
    Kiran
    Now passport is issued within 15 days,i don't see any issue in getting new passport.You can apply thru tatkal if you want..

Comment

Originally posted by snehanew View Post
      Now passport is issued within 15 days,i don't see any issue in getting new passport.You can apply thru tatkal if you want..
      Thanks for your reply, i agree with you but if i get a new passport, can i travel using my both the passport or do i have to go to the embassy for changing the visa stamp from old passport to new passport, bit consufused please suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by venky_115 View Post
        Thanks for your reply, i agree with you but if i get a new passport, can i travel using my both the passport or do i have to go to the embassy for changing the visa stamp from old passport to new passport, bit consufused please suggest.
        It is no where told that the visa should always be part of a active passport. You would have to travel with both the passports one with the valid visa and the other valid passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X