Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 160 questions for H1 B stamping

Hi ,

I am travelling to India next month for around 3 weeks . I am currently on H1-B visa since Oct 1 2014 and need to fill up the ds 160 form for stamping my visa in India. I have a few questions regrading the DS-160 online application

1. Home address - Should this be my address in india or the place where i live in the US? Also what should be the primary phone no?
    2. I have a WA driver's license and it has the special character "*" in it but the online form does not allow any special characters? Should i just enter the license number without the "*"?
    3. In the previous work/education stuff , i worked in India for around 3 years from 2009-2012 but all of my supervisors have most likely left the company by now? What should i fill in for supervisor's name and surname?
    4. Monthly salary in local currency?(does local mean local to US or india)
    5. have you travelled to any countries in the last 5 years? This should include every country except India right(including US)?
    Last edited by fingerling; 12-29-2014, 12:56 AM.

Originally posted by fingerling View Post
    Hi ,

I am travelling to India next month for around 3 weeks . I am currently on H1-B visa since Oct 1 2014 and need to fill up the ds 160 form for stamping my visa in India. I have a few questions regrading the DS-160 online application

1. Home address - Should this be my address in india or the place where i live in the US? Also what should be the primary phone no?
    2. I have a WA driver's license and it has the special character "*" in it but the online form does not allow any special characters? Should i just enter the license number without the "*"?
    3. In the previous work/education stuff , i worked in India for around 3 years from 2009-2012 but all of my supervisors have most likely left the company by now? What should i fill in for supervisor's name and surname?
    4. Monthly salary in local currency?(does local mean local to US or india)
    5. have you travelled to any countries in the last 5 years? This should include every country except India right(including US)?
    1. Your India address and number.
    2. Yes.
    3. They just need supervisor name. Put your immediate supervisor name and company address/number if you have.
    4. Whatever is your income.
    5. Yes.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. Your India address and number.
      2. Yes.
      3. They just need supervisor name. Put your immediate supervisor name and company address/number if you have.
      4. Whatever is your income.
      5. Yes.

Regarding 3. i left the indian company in 2012 , and am currently employed with a company in US? How can i enter in the details of my current supervisor for a company i left in 2012?
      Regarding 4.) I meant should the currency be USD or Rs. ?

Comment

Originally posted by fingerling View Post
        Regarding 3. i left the indian company in 2012 , and am currently employed with a company in US? How can i enter in the details of my current supervisor for a company i left in 2012?
        Regarding 4.) I meant should the currency be USD or Rs. ?
        3. What it means is the immediate supervisor at that time.
        4. If earning in USD put in USD. If earning in INR put INR.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X