raghvi plz help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raghvi plz help

Hi raghvi, recently you had responded to my query of transferring H1. However I have some follow up questions.
    My case is I had applied for H1 from India in 2011 and got selected in the lottery. But I never got stamping nor did I work in US. I left the application as is.
    My questions are
    a) is it possible to transfer the H1 if I find a new employer ? I'm asking this question again as I failed to mention that I didn't work in US before.
    B) how long do I have to accomplish this ?

Appreciate your assistance.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by hsriram8 View Post
    Hi raghvi, recently you had responded to my query of transferring H1. However I have some follow up questions.
    My case is I had applied for H1 from India in 2011 and got selected in the lottery. But I never got stamping nor did I work in US. I left the application as is.
    My questions are
    a) is it possible to transfer the H1 if I find a new employer ? I'm asking this question again as I failed to mention that I didn't work in US before.
    B) how long do I have to accomplish this ?

Appreciate your assistance.

Thanks!!
    Technically there is nothing called a "transfer" what the next employer does is files a cap exempt H1 petition. Now as you were cap counted in 2011, you remain cap exempt till 2017. So first find an employer who is willing to file the cap exempt petition for you and provide them the approval notice copy that you currently have.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X