Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer Question

Hi,

I am currently in US on H1B. My H1B is valid till March 2015 and my current employer A has filed for H1B extension. I have following questions

1) If I plan to change jobs in January 2015 and new employer B files an H1B transfer, what is impact to the H1B extension application which Employer A had filed earlier? I have heard of 'Bridge Petitions'. Does my scenario come under that aspect?

2) When changing jobs, is it necessary to join new employer B on the next working day from the last day with Employer A. Can I take time off for a week as I might need to move between cities for my new job, look for accommodation at new place, etc?

3) When moving between jobs i.e. from Employer A to Employer B, does H4 transfer for my wife also need to be processed under Employer B assuming my wife's current H4 visa and I94 status is valid for another year?

Thanks in advance.

cooldude850

Same problem

Similar situation brother. I am looking to move to a new employer who filed my petition in 2013 and is still valid till 2016 (they did not revoke), while my current H1B with current employer is due for renewal in Apr 2015. The main advantage is that my new employer is willing to file me a Green Card and still offer me a job while my current employer's company policy restricts them to file any Green Card processing. I am wondering if I can just jump with new employer and continue my H1B with new employer until it is due for renewal in 2016 or if there will be any problems with that!

I have posted a question and haven't heard from any one as of yet.

Comment

Hi Shervin and other senior members,

Can you please reply to my query?

Thanks,
      cooldude850

Comment

Hi,

Requesting an early response as it will help me in decision making.

Thanks,
        cooldude850

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X