Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name discrepancy in Spouse passport for H4 visa

Hi,

Mine H1B petition is approved and soon will be going for stamping along with my wife(H4 visa). There is discrepancy in my wife's passport under Spouse name , where my father name is mismatching.

Mine Passport Name (Name FatherName Surname): Divyesh Pradeep Shah

Wife's Passport Name(Name SpouseName Surname): Bhoomi Divyesh Shah
    Spouse name in my Wife's Passport (Name FatherName Surname): Divyesh Pradipkumar Shah

The name of my father is different in my wife's passport , because the passport issuing team has referred to my Marriage certificate name instead of my Passport name for my name in her passport.

Does it create any problem to any of us, while going for stamping ? Please suggest if any workaround for the same

Regards,
    Divyesh

Originally posted by div_sa View Post
    Hi,

Mine H1B petition is approved and soon will be going for stamping along with my wife(H4 visa). There is discrepancy in my wife's passport under Spouse name , where my father name is mismatching.

Mine Passport Name (Name FatherName Surname): Divyesh Pradeep Shah

Wife's Passport Name(Name SpouseName Surname): Bhoomi Divyesh Shah
    Spouse name in my Wife's Passport (Name FatherName Surname): Divyesh Pradipkumar Shah

The name of my father is different in my wife's passport , because the passport issuing team has referred to my Marriage certificate name instead of my Passport name for my name in her passport.

Does it create any problem to any of us, while going for stamping ? Please suggest if any workaround for the same

Regards,
    Divyesh
    Even if it is you father name, as it is part of your name, it seems there is mismatch between your Name and the Your name in your spouse's passport. I would suggest you get it corrected.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X