Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to F1

Hi,
    1) I am currently living/working in US on a H1B visa valid till Feb 2016 (I-140 approved). I got admission for graduate program for which I need to change my status to F1/student visa. Recently I spoke to an immigration lawyer and was informed as I already have an I-140 approved, most likely I may not get an F1 visa. Is this true? Are there any one who were successful in getting a F1 in a similar situation like mine?
    2) My graduate program begins July 1st, but I intend to work till end of June (to pay school tuition expenses) and need to maintain H1B visa status till then, after which I wish to change to F1 status. Is this a possibility? If so, how do I plan to do this?
    3) With an I-140 approved/H1B visa, would I even get a F1 visa approved since I have shown intent to immigrate by getting (labor, I-140 stage completed)? If I do not get a F1 visa approved, what are my other options to complete graduate school as the university will not do a H1B and my employer is not keen to have my H1 valid and will revoke once I submit my resignation?
    Thanking you,

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X