Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1b extension to be filed soon, I94 still valid and h1b transfer to be filed soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b extension to be filed soon, I94 still valid and h1b transfer to be filed soon

Hi

Am with company A and got my visa/i94 valid till apr 10 2015. Company A will be filing the extension by jan 12-18 possibly. Am also searching for job change for last few months and almost in good progress with few of them. Suppose i get an offer after my extension has been filed possibly by mid of feb or worst case end of feb, is it safe to accept offer and company B to file my transfer?

1) will there be any issue since company A extension and company B transfer are at USCIS at same time?
    2) extension will be in Regular and Transfer will be in premium. Suppose Transfer gets accepted first and extension second, which one will be vaild?
    3) Once the transfer is approved will it have an extended date also?
    4) Is it safe to switch the job once the Transfer petition filing number is received?

Am totally confused wheter to proceed with job search or not.

Thanx
    Alex

Originally posted by mr.csk View Post
    Hi

Am with company A and got my visa/i94 valid till apr 10 2015. Company A will be filing the extension by jan 12-18 possibly. Am also searching for job change for last few months and almost in good progress with few of them. Suppose i get an offer after my extension has been filed possibly by mid of feb or worst case end of feb, is it safe to accept offer and company B to file my transfer?

1) will there be any issue since company A extension and company B transfer are at USCIS at same time?
    2) extension will be in Regular and Transfer will be in premium. Suppose Transfer gets accepted first and extension second, which one will be vaild?
    3) Once the transfer is approved will it have an extended date also?
    4) Is it safe to switch the job once the Transfer petition filing number is received?

Am totally confused wheter to proceed with job search or not.

Thanx
    Alex
    Its always good to avoid having multiple petitions filed with USCIS at the same time.

I would suggest you file for transfer in premium, and delay the extension filing till transfer decision is reached/April 09 2015, whichever is earlier.

Lets assume your next employer files h1 cap exempt in premium by Jan -30-2015, you should get decision on the transfer by Feb End, and if approved, resign from current employer without need to file extension.

Keep a tight deadline for yourself and next employer as to till when you search for job and get next employer to file for transfer as too much delay in filing extension might raise suspicion with current employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

please help

Hi

The employer wont file extension in premium.So it will take 7-9 weeks for extension approval.I cant delay it since its the employer policy and dont have a choice.

The transfer is still not ready since the final interview decisions are not yet completed. Am in real bad situation to whether reject the job offers if i get any and stop the job hunt until extension approval or not

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X