Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I enter US on a pre-approved B1 and then go to Mexico to get H1B stamped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I enter US on a pre-approved B1 and then go to Mexico to get H1B stamped?

Hi all
    I have had a B1/B2 approved for the next 10yrs (approved in 2010). I was working for Google-US from 2013- to late 2014, then did an internal transfer to work for google-UK as my US H1B visa had expired. I am now transfering back to Google-US and my H1B petition has been approved. However, I have to enter the US in the next week for an urgent meeting/conference and won't have time to get my H1B stamped in time.

Question: Can I enter the US on a B1 (which I have already), and within a few weeks of entering the US, travel to Mexico to get my H1B stamped then re-enter US on a H1B? Anyone had similar experiences? I have been in the US since 2003 (first on F1, then H1B, then left to live in UK 2011-13, returned to US on remaining time on a prior H1B in 2013, and then left again late 2014 as that prior H1B expired). My GC is under processing, so this new H1B was exempted from cap, but I am not sure if this is considered a "Fresh" or a "renewal" of H1B.

Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X