Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 Document Required to Submit in Airport

Hi Sir/Madam,

My H1 B visa is Expired on Dec 31,2014 and H1 Extension is approved now and my employer didn't received the documents as of now.

I need to travel back to India immediately next week. Will it creates any problem in US when boarding a flight ? Will i need to submit new I94 document before travel.

Please reply at the earliest time.

Thank you!

Regards,
    Vibin Gopal K.

Originally posted by Vibin Gopal K View Post
    Hi Sir/Madam,

My H1 B visa is Expired on Dec 31,2014 and H1 Extension is approved now and my employer didn't received the documents as of now.

I need to travel back to India immediately next week. Will it creates any problem in US when boarding a flight ? Will i need to submit new I94 document before travel.

Please reply at the earliest time.

Thank you!

Regards,
    Vibin Gopal K.
    Not submitting the I-94 can sometimes cause confusion about departure records also, you would need the extension papers to file for new stamping in India. If absolutely necessary to travel before collecting the documents, ask the employer/attorney to send the documents to a safe address in India. Also avoid Europe routes as some airports expect one to have a valid US visa if traveling through Europe.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Not submitting the I-94 can sometimes cause confusion about departure records also, you would need the extension papers to file for new stamping in India. If absolutely necessary to travel before collecting the documents, ask the employer/attorney to send the documents to a safe address in India. Also avoid Europe routes as some airports expect one to have a valid US visa if traveling through Europe.

Thank you so much for the reply. My Employer will send the approved documents to India for stamping. So, When iam travelling
      1) i dont need to submit I94 right if i didn't received my documents by that time ?
      2)If they asked by submitting my expired I94 will creates a problem .
      3)I have the receipt number so that if i show the status as approved, will it be ok

And iam going to India Via Dubai.

Regards,
      Vibin Gopal K.

Comment

Originally posted by Vibin Gopal K View Post
        Thank you so much for the reply. My Employer will send the approved documents to India for stamping. So, When iam travelling
        1) i dont need to submit I94 right if i didn't received my documents by that time ?
        2)If they asked by submitting my expired I94 will creates a problem .
        3)I have the receipt number so that if i show the status as approved, will it be ok

And iam going to India Via Dubai.

Regards,
        Vibin Gopal K.
        1. If you dont have it you cant submit it.
        2. They most probably would not ask for it.
        3. Thats the max you can show.

I think you are worrying too much about this. The airlines officials do not ask for I-94.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X