Administrative Procesing H1B "hold case/221 g & refusals/214b" 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative Procesing H1B "hold case/221 g & refusals/214b" 2014

Brief Background:- Travelled to US on L1b (Company A). Came back To India and went back to states on L2 (Company B). Transferred the status from L2 EAD to H1B(Company C).L2 Visa expired and due to a visit to India I had to go for H1B stamping. Perfectly Legal scenario No DUI No illegal stuff.

OFC Appointment:- 15th December 2014
    Visa Interview:- 16th December 2014
    Case status- Administrative processing

VO Kept my documents (after a long interview) and passport and didn't confirmed I am getting a VISA.I was informed it will take one or 2 weeks max however its almost a month as I speak. No Slip was Issued.

I am here to connect with members/people who have gone with similar experience. Its highly frustrating and I am not sure who screwed it up VO or me however, end result is family is separated , my wife is in states on L1B (with 2 young kids) and I am sitting here at the mercy of embassy.

Can someone please guide me on this?

Q1.How long I should wait its almost a month now?

Q2. I have the option to go back on L2 just in case if denial comes through (I sincerely hope not ) However , I am afraid if denial comes through after Admin processing I am not sure what effect the denial of H1B visa will have on L2 visa? Please guide.

Q3 Help Desk is helpless and keep coming back with automated responses(hold case/221 g & refusals/214b) no mater what I write to them.

Anyone sailing in the same boat please connect.

I have a similar problem but my H1-B interview was on the 9th Jan. My wife's H4 is ready for pickup but mine shows up as "Administrative Processing". Helpdesk gave me 2 different updates. 1 - This is normal processing update. You will get your visa within 48 hours. 2 - Recited the same verbiage which comes up when you search your case on the CEAC website.

Did you try checking the status through the IVR? You need to provide your UID. Let us know what it says.

Comment

Originally posted by chitre.raunak View Post
      I have a similar problem but my H1-B interview was on the 9th Jan. My wife's H4 is ready for pickup but mine shows up as "Administrative Processing". Helpdesk gave me 2 different updates. 1 - This is normal processing update. You will get your visa within 48 hours. 2 - Recited the same verbiage which comes up when you search your case on the CEAC website.

Did you try checking the status through the IVR? You need to provide your UID. Let us know what it says.

What number are you trying and what options did you choose in IVR?

Comment

Originally posted by H1bAdminProcessingHope View Post
        Brief Background:- Travelled to US on L1b (Company A). Came back To India and went back to states on L2 (Company B). Transferred the status from L2 EAD to H1B(Company C).L2 Visa expired and due to a visit to India I had to go for H1B stamping. Perfectly Legal scenario No DUI No illegal stuff.

VO Kept my documents (after a long interview) and passport and didn't confirmed I am getting a VISA.I was informed it will take one or 2 weeks max however its almost a month as I speak. No Slip was Issued.

I am here to connect with members/people who have gone with similar experience. Its highly frustrating and I am not sure who screwed it up VO or me however, end result is family is separated , my wife is in states on L1B (with 2 young kids) and I am sitting here at the mercy of embassy.

Q2. I have the option to go back on L2 just in case if denial comes through (I sincerely hope not ) However , I am afraid if denial comes through after Admin processing I am not sure what effect the denial of H1B visa will have on L2 visa? Please guide.

Q3 Help Desk is helpless and keep coming back with automated responses(hold case/221 g & refusals/214b) no mater what I write to them.

I contacted the state department at 202 647 4000 and was told its a 221(g) Case.
        Anyone who is experiencing the similar situation or has experienced in past please let others know and help each other out. That's the only way as I see it.
        Good Luck to all of us. It truly is a testing phase.

Comment

31 Days Gone with more than four working weeks also gone and still no updates. I am just hoping to get some breather soon

Comment

31 Days Gone with more than four working weeks also gone and still no updates. I am just hoping to get some breather soon
            Status Changed from Administrative Processing to Issued on 22nd Jan 2015.

Still No clarity if visa is stamped or not , waiting for passport to be ready for pick up.

Fingers crossed.

USTraveldocs Helpdesk job is useless. USTraveldocs Helpdesk people are rude and gives automated responses. If they just have to repeat what state website says why are they running this call centre.

Will keep rest everyone posted.

Comment

Status Changed from Administrative Processing to Issued on 22nd Jan 2015.

Still No clarity if visa is stamped or not , waiting for passport to be ready for pick up.

Fingers crossed.

USTraveldocs Helpdesk job is useless. USTraveldocs Helpdesk people are rude and gives automated responses. If they just have to repeat what state website says why are they running this call centre.

Will keep rest everyone posted.
              Collected my passport today trauma over. Good luck to rest of the people.
              I sincerely hope no one else has to go through this.
              God bless all of you

Comment

Administrative Processing & Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B - Dec 2016 - H1B

Hi All,

I work as a full-time employee for a well-known company in the USA.
                I got the same response status in the email from the US Consulate through [email protected]. Don't worry!!!! I got my visa eventually :-)

Here is how it went

Dec 23rd-Visa Interview @ Mumbai Consulate- Visa approved & no 221G was issued. Officer mentioned that I will get my passport in 10 days. So I kept waiting & meanwhile, I also kept checking my status here http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-passporttrack.asp
                & https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTrack...zCYubaSQI+RA==. ( Status- Administrative Processing)

Jan 8th 2017- Sent an email to [email protected] stating that my online status update has changed from "Your Passport is still with the US consulate" to "There is no status available for the passport number submitted". Got an email from [email protected] to check whether I received any letter/email or not at the time or after the interview. In my case it was NO.

I called the support serive at (91-120)4844644 after sending an email. You can use either (91-120) 4844644 or (91-40) 4625-8222

Jan 9th 2017 - Got an email from the US consulate through [email protected].
                Case Reason : Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B
                Public Response : Your application remains pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act...(more)
                My case was closed & I had to wait to hear from them for any further update since they didn't ask for any other document in the email.

I checked with my lawyers & they mentioned that this is a genereic response & I shouldn't be worried. ( You shouldn't worry as well if you are in the same boat)

Jan 13th 2017- Change of Status - Issued
                https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTrack...zCYubaSQI+RA==. ( Status- FROM Administrative Processing To Issued) in the morning.
                Got an email to pick up my passport around noon :-)

It was a stressful journey but there is no gain in stresing out yourself. It will work out eventually. If you are with your family or on a trip, have fun there. Such things happen.

Make sure you to reach out to the consulate through emails after the wait time period mentioned during the interview. Inform your lawyer to make them aware about the situation.

Good Luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X