Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 B change of status

Hi All,

I came to US on L1 through a Big Indian IT company, However i applied and got the approved petition through a small Desi consulting firm with the start date of 01/01/15. However, I am still working on my L1 with the big Indian IT Company.
    Now, I have a offer from a US company for a permanent position. The question is can i get the H1 B transferred to the US company without joining the desi consulting firm? I do not have any paystubs on H1 From the desi firm?

Please advise...your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    YamJam

Was H1 applied as COS and did you get a new I94 along with the H1 approval?

Comment

Hi Ragvi,

I guess the new H1 was applied as a COS, however, I did not get a new I-94. I am still working with my L1 Employee...

Comment

What you are saying does not make sense to me. If L1 to H1 was a change of status (COS), the H1 approval notice (I-797) has an attached I-94 with the revised dates. If your was a COS, you may be out of status if you are continuiting to work with the L1 employer on L1. Please check again as this is important.
        Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Originally posted by DMX17 View Post
          What you are saying does not make sense to me. If L1 to H1 was a change of status (COS), the H1 approval notice (I-797) has an attached I-94 with the revised dates. If your was a COS, you may be out of status if you are continuiting to work with the L1 employer on L1. Please check again as this is important.
          Hi DMX17,

Whom should i check with? Should i check with my employer if i have received a new i-94 with the revised dates? Or should i check with him if i have a COS in the first place?

Regards,
          YamJam

Comment

Ask the H1 employer (him)
            Check out H1 FAQs first!
            http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...