Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Renew/Name Split/ H1 Transfer

Hi Guys,

I am running into a situation where my H1 transfer is in progress (I recently changed a job) and my passport is expiring on 1/10/2016.
    I have been living in US with FNU as my first name and I am thinking that since I would be renewing my passport, I have an opportunity to get it corrected.

However I have a couple of question regarding this:

1. Can I do my passport renewal and name split at the same time? Or should I first do a name split and then apply for renewing the passport?
    2. What impact would renewing the passport and splitting the name have on my H1 transfer?
    3. Will I have to reach out to USCIS before my H1 transfer is approved to get the records updated with them to reflect my name correctly? Or is it something that I could do when I receive my approval?
    Lets say I receive an RFE, so will my name split/passport renewal have any impact at that time?
    4. Can I get USCIS to update my I94 with my correct name? Will I have to go out of US to get a new VISA stamped? This is an important question because some people say that I can get it updated here and some people say that I will have to go out of the country and get a new stamping done.

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks
    FNU

Folks, please help, your guidance is very valuable

Folks, please help, your guidance is very valuable

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X