Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Certified copy of Passport for ITIN (Hyderabad US Consulate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certified copy of Passport for ITIN (Hyderabad US Consulate)

Hi,

I just wanted to share my experience of getting my daughter's(H4) passport certified at the US Consulate (Hyderabad)for ITIN purpose.
    As I'm currently in India, I wasn't very comfortable sending her original passport, so got it certified

Documents Needed:

Dependent Passport (for verification)
    Primary Visa holder's Passport (for verification)
    Copies of all blank pages of the dependent's passport (Optional, if you don't have copies, they'll make copies for you at the consulate)'
    Appointment letter (make an appointment at the Hyd Consulate website, under Citizen Services -> Other Services)

- You can take either color or black/white copies of the Passport pages(non blank), it doesn't matter as they'll take copies for you at the office if you don't have.(Rs. 2 per copy)
    - You don't have to take kids along, primary visa holder should do.
    - Fee is $50 (effective as of Dec 22nd'2014) (my credit card was taking long to process, so I cancelled that and paid Cash instead (Rs. 3200))
    - I took color copies of the first, last and visa page.
    - The seal is put only on the first page, however all the 3 pages are stapled and punched together
    - The whole process took about 15 mins

Take the certified document, along with W7 and your returns, mail it to ITIN office, Austin, TX

Certified copies of passport for ITIN

I recently got my daughter's passport certified from US Consulate at Chennai. I got "black/white" copies of my daughter passport certified.
    Please advise if certified "black/white" copies is fine to be sent to IRS for ITIN or do i need to get the "color" copies of my daughter passport certified.

Comment

If Primary is in US?

Originally posted by Sarah_22 View Post
      Documents Needed:

Primary Visa holder's Passport (for verification)
      - You don't have to take kids along, primary visa holder should do.
      Hi Moonguy/Sarah,

Do you happen to know the what if case if primary applicant is still in the US but the dependent is in India? What needs to be done in that case?

In my case my wife and daughter moved back to India after spending 7 months here. They would not return till a few months from now. Can the mother just represent the child with the docs except the primary applicants?

Did they look at your passport(primary applicant)?

Thanks
      Sid.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X