Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Remote with an H1b visa

Hi everyone,
    I currently have an H1b visa working for a company. If I wanted to move to another state to be with family and work remotely from that state, what do I need to do? Do I need to file the H1b again? The lawyer is suggesting that I might have to file the H1b again. The company does not have an office in the new state so I would be working from home office.

Please advise.

Regards

Originally posted by bluepowder View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I currently have an H1b visa working for a company. If I wanted to move to another state to be with family and work remotely from that state, what do I need to do? Do I need to file the H1b again? The lawyer is suggesting that I might have to file the H1b again. The company does not have an office in the new state so I would be working from home office.

Please advise.

Regards
    An LCA obviously has to be filed, and H1 amendment too. This can potentially give rise to a "site visit" which can become an issue if you are working from home.

The question is that if the nature of the job itself is that it allows working from home for a long stretch then what is the necessity to get someone from outside US to work on it, why cant the person work from outside US?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X