H1 to H4 and then H1 possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 and then H1 possible?

I was working for an IT company on H1B visa and due to lack of projects i was separated from the company from 2nd Jan 2015 with a month payout as a notice(I have a payslip for the month of Jan).

Questions -

1. Should i file for H4 or wait till find a new employer to transfer H1B ?(I am getting mixed answers from different companies).
    2. If i file for H1 to H4 conversion and find a employer after filing, is it possible to revoke H4 conversion and file for H1?

Please let me know asap so that i can act on it in this week.

Originally posted by Stuti Varun Gupta View Post
    I was working for an IT company on H1B visa and due to lack of projects i was separated from the company from 2nd Jan 2015 with a month payout as a notice(I have a payslip for the month of Jan).

Questions -

1. Should i file for H4 or wait till find a new employer to transfer H1B ?(I am getting mixed answers from different companies).
    2. If i file for H1 to H4 conversion and find a employer after filing, is it possible to revoke H4 conversion and file for H1?

Please let me know asap so that i can act on it in this week.
    Without any valid pay stubs I believe you are already out of status and hence a H1 to H4 is very unlikely to be approved.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Did your h1b approved before h4 was approved? With or without I94? What did you did with your pending H4? after your h1b was approved?
      Visa Australia Immigration

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X