H1B chennai - 221g - Additional administrative processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B chennai - 221g - Additional administrative processing

I have attended my visa interview on november 8th at chennai consulate. I have a MCA degree and with 10 years experience in IT. Iam currently workng for a fortune 10 company . I also have a valid B1 and was in US for 3months this year. I had an H1 in 2001 but didnt go to US .But my visa was refused this time under 221g asking me to produce the client letter and photographs from both client and the employer. I attended the interview second time on December 07th with client letter and photographs. VO has gone through the client letter and photographs and looked at her computer for some time. She asked me how did i come to know about this company and got this job. I said ,through my friend working in US and after the complete selection process , they gave me the offer. Then She asked me my degree certificate and a copy of it. I produced my MCA degree certificate and then the copy of it . She gave me a blue form - 221g , saying my application needs additional administrative processing and the consulate will contact me once it is complete. She told me it is going to take 2 to 3 months time. When I asked her whether I will be contacted within 2 months she said it can take more time as so many these kind of cases are pending with the consulate. When I asked VO whether i can produce any additional supporting documents , she said she has all the required documents. She said she is not convinced about my job in Us. She said it is not the problem with me and iam eligible to get a H1 and eligible to work in USA. She said the problem is with my employer/client. She retained all my h1 documents, client letter ,photographs and copy of the degree certificate and gave a stamp in the passport "Application received on Dec 07th". After going through different discussion forums I understand that the administrative process takes any where between 3 months to 1 and a half years. Did anybody get a call from chennai consulate recently after the same experience?. How long it took for administrative processing ?. What do they do in administrative processing ?. Currently how much time they take for administrative process? Any information will be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance.

Regards
    San

Your employer has to clear himself ??

Employers are under heavy scrutiny; your H1B papers were approved in US, but subsequent H1s from your employer may be queried; This causes the consulate (during your Visa) to be suspicious;

Comment

221(g) - additional administrative processing

appeared for second H1B interview at Chennai on 24th Nov 2005, with the query response documents sent by employer

I have received a phone call (+91-44-28112008) on 25th Nov from U.S Consulate Chennai asking me to send my Passport along with the DD (Rs.2300, Non-immigrant visa issuance fee), through TT Services Hyderabad.

I am not sure whether my H1 has been approved or not.

Comment

Thanks mailjag123 for sharing ur experience and the phone number. What was the time duration for the processing , VO said when you were issued 221g for additional administrative processing?. Also what was the reason they said for issuing 221g for you?.I guess since you were asked to send your passport and DD your visa would have been approved.Wish you all the best and good luck. Please keep us posted.

Comment

Thanks vummi for the reply. My employer has never before sponsored h1b from any candidates in India. They always recruit candidates from US only. None of their candidates on bench and they have many reputed clients including fortune 100 companies. Iam the first candidate whom they sponsor visa from India.

Comment

H1B 221(g)

I have attended interview at US Consulate@Chennai, they said that they would contact me after administrative processing.
            1Q)What is Administrative Processing?
            2Q)How long will it take?
            3Q)What are the chances of getting VISA?
            4Q)Can i speed up my Process?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X