additional administrative processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• additional administrative processing

I had appeared for second H1B interview at Chennai on Wednesday 5th Dec 2005, with the query response documents sent by employer.

H1B visa was not issued to me and they gave me 221(g) stating “Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made. This office will contact you once this administrative processing has been completed.”

Visa officer didn’t ask me any question on the client or the project; she just went through the all the query responses, supporting documents and photographs keenly for about 15minuites and searched for some info on the computer.
    Visa office said that they need a confirmation from the client on the project, for which they are going to contact Client.

When I asked her how long does it usually take for "additional administrative processing" on which she didn’t specify any time limit and just said that the office will contact you once it is completed? And even said they have many applications in queue.

The Visa officer did not return the following documents:
    • Original offer letter from employer and photographs of employer office
    • Original H1B Approval Notice I-797
    • Copy of the H1B petition I-129
    • Copy of Approved LCA
    • Original Client supporting letter from Client

On 6th Dec 2005, I have received a phone call from U.S Consulate Chennai asking me to send my Passport along with the DD (Rs.2300, Non-immigrant visa issuance fee), through TT Services. As requested, sent passport along with the DD (Rs.2300), through TT Services.

On 7th Dec, 2005, I have received an Email from “Visa Information Unit” American Consulate General, stating that “Your case is still under review”.

Does it mean that my H1B visa has been approved?

Did any of you face this kind of situation?
    Last edited by mailjag123; 12-09-2005, 12:40 AM.

adminstrative processing

hi,
    iam in the same situation,i went for h4,they gave me 221(g) stating that we do further additional adminstrative procees and we will contact u. already 5 days overed but no call form them.did u send ur passport ,dd by tts courier.
    u said that u recieved mail from them,do u know the email id of the u.s consulate for contacting them.can i send a mail to them to know about my status.
    plz give me u.s consulate email id.
    i will be thankful if u give me reply.

Comment

[email protected]

[email protected]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X