H1B Validity question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Validity question

I have an approved H1B with start date of March 7th, 2005. I have never used it due to personal reasons. Can I use it now?
    The approval period was for 2 years from March 7th 2005 to Sep 30th 2007.

H1b Transfer Validity

I currently work for an employer X in USA. I have got an offer from employer Y in India. I am about to join employer Y and would travel back to India after submitting resignation in USA. Employer Y is suggesting that they would initiate H1B transfer after I join them in India.

Can H1b transfer happen after leaving current employer and joining new employer. I would be in India after resigning.

Comment

Originally posted by rxs6262 View Post
      I have an approved H1B with start date of March 7th, 2005. I have never used it due to personal reasons. Can I use it now?
      The approval period was for 2 years from March 7th 2005 to Sep 30th 2007.

I have a similar questiton. My petition was approved in October 2004 and I worked for 14 months from OCtober 2004 to DEcember 2005.
      I changed my status from H1b to F1 in August 2007 did my masters in SEptember 2008.
      I returned back to India in DEcember 2008 and have been in India since then.
      Can I re-apply for the h1b as cap exempt in the current year ? since I only worked for 14 months in my earlier stint.

Please can someone help with the answer ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X