Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disclosures required at the time of job switch while on H1

Hi All,

I am currently in US on H1 and have got a new job offer in US from different company. My HR(of current company) has told me that it is compulsory for me to disclose the name of my new employer to them even before leaving the company. They have said that it is required as per US government federal requirements. Now my dilemma is that I am not comfortable in disclosing these details to present company.

I'm sure lot of you would have switched job in the past. Can you guys help me if my HR is correct in asking for such disclosure.

Originally posted by vikash_nf View Post
    Hi All,

I am currently in US on H1 and have got a new job offer in US from different company. My HR(of current company) has told me that it is compulsory for me to disclose the name of my new employer to them even before leaving the company. They have said that it is required as per US government federal requirements. Now my dilemma is that I am not comfortable in disclosing these details to present company.

I'm sure lot of you would have switched job in the past. Can you guys help me if my HR is correct in asking for such disclosure.
    It depends upon the initial agreement that you signed with the employer. Generally it is not required, but if the employer you are about to join is a competitor in same space or there is a chance of Intellectual Property/domain knowledge being shared that could potentially harm the current employer or provide an undue advantage to the next employer than the current employer can potentially claim damages. If you see that this is a potential problem, talk to a labor attorney.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X