Correct I-94 Expiration Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct I-94 Expiration Date

Hello-I would like to know when should i go for stamping again.When i entered the US an I-94 was generated online with an expiration date in aug 2015 and visa stamped on passport also expires in sep 2015 as per h1-i797 petition.I got an H1 Transfer Approved and the new I-797 has expiration date is 2017 and also I94(with old I-94 NUMBER) attached to new petition-I-797 has expiration date in 2017.

So, when should i go for stamping - 2016 or 2017.Since the online 1-94 still shows expiration date of 2015.

Can someone please clarify.

Correct I-94 Expiration Date

Key is your stamping validity when you reenter into the country.

1. If you travel out of country before Aug 2015, you don't have to go for a stamping and can return with your new approved H1 and existing visa on the passport. But remember your new i 94 will be based on your existing visa stamped on the passport and not by the approved petition. so, Basically you will get your new I 94 when return would be Aug 2015 and you have to apply for another extension to get your I 94 extended beyond aug 2015.

2. You can go anytime & get your stamping, when you return, Your new I 94 would be based on the new stamped visa validity in the passport.

Hope this helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X