Does it require to transfer H4 when I transfer H1B to different employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it require to transfer H4 when I transfer H1B to different employer

Me and my wife had H1 & H4 respectively. Our visa expired in Dec'14 but before that I got our visa transferred by company B and we got our I797 valid till May'16. Then again I changed my job recently to join company C. Now my query is:

1. Company C says my wife doesn't need H4 transfer, as H4 is not company specific. Is it true?
    2. Last week she went to india now she need visa stamping. So does she need to carry her own I797 too(which she got from company B) with the copy of my I797?

Thanks
    Gaurav

Originally posted by grvshr View Post
    Me and my wife had H1 & H4 respectively. Our visa expired in Dec'14 but before that I got our visa transferred by company B and we got our I797 valid till May'16. Then again I changed my job recently to join company C. Now my query is:

1. Company C says my wife doesn't need H4 transfer, as H4 is not company specific. Is it true?
    2. Last week she went to india now she need visa stamping. So does she need to carry her own I797 too(which she got from company B) with the copy of my I797?

Thanks
    Gaurav
    1. Yes.
    2. Apart from the usual documents she need to carry your current employer's I797, current paystubs etc.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. Yes.
      2. Apart from the usual documents she need to carry your current employer's I797, current paystubs etc.
      Last thing, I assume my wife needs a copy of I797, not the original one. Is it true?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X