h1 employment agreement , signed in India, validity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1 employment agreement , signed in India, validity

I have been sponsored H1B Visa by a company say ABC Tech Inc. They have a branch in India with name ABC Tech pvt ltd. Indian branch has asked me to sign an employment undertaking letter (on Rs 2/- stamp paper) which says They are sponsoring me a training program in USA and "In consideration of the Company undertaking to sponsor the Recipient for overseas training program, the Recipient undertakes to enter into an employment agreement with the Company or its affiliates within 2 days of work visa being approved by the concerned governmental authority, and on such terms and conditions as may be mutually agreed between parties thereto ("Employment Agreement")." It is mentioned that if i does not enter in to agreement or if i terminate the agreement in 2 years, i should be paying 6 Lakhs
    Later at visa stamping time Employment agreement is initiated by ABC Tech Inc, which mentioned if i leave company in 1 year i have to pay liquidated damages of 10,000 USD.

So i mailed to HR if i leave the company in one year how much should i pay. He replied back saying India agreement will lapse once i fly out to USA.

I have flew to USA and joined ABC Tech Inc. Now as i am leaving ABC Tech Inc, i have asked to return the INDIAN agreement after paying 10000 USD. Their lawyer said to me to deal with ABC Tech pvt ltd, as they are ABC Tech Inc.

I have never been onboarded by indian company, they booked flight tickets and sent me to USA.

My quick questions are
    after paying 10000 USD in USA, can India company still send me any notice to pay 6 Lakhs.
    Will HR mail Proof be considered as legal to quote back if ABC Tech pvt ltd asks to me pay more 6 Lakhs.
    validity of stamp paper Rs 2/- signed

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X