Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa additional details required

Dear Friends,

I am a Chartered cum Cost Accountant and I am also a Certified Public Accountant. I planned to take up a assignment in US as a functional consultant using my domain knowledge.

I had appeared first for h1b interview here at Chennai on 5th Oct. I was given 221 (g) asking for additonal details. The interview went off like this.

What are you going to do in the US?
    I am going to work for YYYY YYYY YYYY YYYY XX under H1B visa.
    Did you visit US last time with the previous visa?
    Yes. I visited.
    You have done your CPA as well?
    Yes.
    What kind of role you will play in the new job?
    I will be working as a functional consultant leveraging my domain knowledge of finance and accounts.
    Show me your certificates?
    She verified all the educational certificates
    Show me your employer's intent to employ you?
    I showed the Xerox of letter from YYYY ZZZ
    She further went through the computer system for about 3 minutes.
    Finally said that we need some more information about the Company. She gave me 221 g.

A long list of additional details were sought by the embassy.

1. Original job offer letter from the Petitioner
    2. Photographs (15) of the inside and outside of the petitioner’s work premises to be provided by employer.
    3. A list of all of the employer's active projects. Indicate who is the client and point of contact at the client end with phone numbers and email for that person(s). If the contract with the client is held by a third party, provide names and contact information for that party as well. Do not send a batch of contracts in lieu of this documentary requirement.
    4. A list of all the projects and their time lines in which the beneficiary worker has been deployed, with a detailed explanation of the work conducted and the client in question. Include all periods of inactivity or between projects. Also include client reference for each and every project on the list.
    5. Provide a detailed and specific account of how the H/L worker will be employed during the next 12 months. Be sure to specify location, client and client contact information, nature of the project and duration of the project.
    6. Principal's certified or notorized state and federal tax returns for the last three (3) years, including 2003/2004.
    7. W-2 forms for all people employed by the petitioner for 2004 and dates of their joining.
    8. Identify the Petitioning entity's personnel needs for the next 12 months.

I appeared again on 20th Oct and they didn't even go through the details which I carried. They just made me wait from the morning till 4:00 PM.
    They just asked which project are you going to work and I told I have not been informed about the projects and it will be decided based on the demands of the situation from time to time.

They again gave 221(g) seeking the following info.

1) The list of all of the Petitioner's active projects. Identify the client and point of contact with the client, including a phone number and email address for that person. If the contract with the client is held by a third party, provide names and contract information for that party as well. Do not send a batch of contracts in lieu of this documentary requirement.
    2) A signed letter from the beneficiary's prospective supervisor at the end client location to which he/she will be assigned, stating the client's intention to make use of the beneficiary's services and explaining the nature and duration of the project to which he/she will be assigned.
    3) A complete itinerary of services or engagements specifying the dates of each service or engagement, the names and addresses of agent, the names and addresses of the actual employers, and the names and addresses of the establishment, venues, or locations where the services will be performed.

I request someone to help me on this and how to handle this kind of a situation when I visit the emabssy next time, ofcourse with all the information sought by them.

Thanks

KRJS

A complete itinerary of services or engagements

Hi,

I got a query:

"A complete itinerary of services or engagements specifying the dates of each service or engagement, the names and address of agent, the names and addresses of the actual employers, and the names and addresses of the establishment, venues, or locations where the services will be performed"

Do you have any idea on what documents should be shown to address such queriy.

Comment

Details required

The additional details should be in the form of a excel sheet giving all these informations in different columns.
      Regards,
      krjs

Comment

what is meant by itinerary of services

hi,
        what do they mean by itinerary of services?
        i was asked to provide itinerary of services and got 221 g for the second time. but i could not infer from the 221g form that what sort of information is required .
        thanks,
        prem.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X