Immediate advice required on L1 & H1B Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immediate advice required on L1 & H1B Visa

Is it possible to apply for both an L-1 visa from company A and an H-1 visa from company B at the same time?

Originally posted by arshadali View Post
    Is it possible to apply for both an L-1 visa from company A and an H-1 visa from company B at the same time?
    Before you schedule and attend visa application interview at the consulates, what the employer does is petition USCIS. So, no harm in both the employer's petitioning for you separately, the two will be treated separately, if both get approved, you would get two petitions, one L1 and another H1 petition. Then you would have to decide which one to o first for visa stamping. Or, one petition may come earlier than the other.

Also, though one can have two approved petitions, in your case, if approved, L1 and H1 petitions, but eventually one can have only one valid H1 or L1 stamped in valid passport. So suppose you get H1 petition approved first, you attend H1 visa interview and get H1 stamped in passport, but if after that you attend L1 visa interview, your H1 would be marked as Cancelled, similarly for L1 visa, in case you get L1 stamped first and then later go for H1 visa.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Applying for H1B while L1 individual in progress

Hi,

Need help on following points.

1) My employer has filed L1- Individual petition under normal processing and petition is with USCIS , response is awaited. Is it legally correct If same Employer applies for H1-B petition for lottery on 1st April 2015.
      2) What if My L1 individual petition gets approved before H1-B lottery Draw.
      3) What if My L1 individual petition gets approved and My case gets through H1-B lottery and petition goes into processing.
      4) If my L1 petition gets rejected will H1 B petition have any impact.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X