Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Husband and Wife both on H1 Visa. Filing for Divorce. what will happen to my H1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband and Wife both on H1 Visa. Filing for Divorce. what will happen to my H1?

I came on Dependent Visa H4 and I got H1 B. But unfortunately, my spouse wants to go for a divorce. What will happen to my H1 B? Will I still be allowed to stay in US?
    Can my Employer cancel my H1 B without my approval?Is there any other way I can secure my H1 B, so that my spouse does not influence my Employer?

Really appreciate, if someone can guide me, as I am in difficult situation.

Originally posted by Eric Link View Post
    I came on Dependent Visa H4 and I got H1 B. But unfortunately, my spouse wants to go for a divorce. What will happen to my H1 B? Will I still be allowed to stay in US?
    Can my Employer cancel my H1 B without my approval?Is there any other way I can secure my H1 B, so that my spouse does not influence my Employer?

Really appreciate, if someone can guide me, as I am in difficult situation.
    Some dates would be helpful. When did you come on H4? When did the H4 to H1 approval happen?

Did the approval come with a new I-94? If the approval came with a new I-94 then your status would be H1 and divorce should not affect your status. Employer cannot merely fire you because you are divorced.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X