Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa revoke

Hi

I have H1 visa stamped in my passport valid till 2016.Apparently the visa has my employers name on it.I have few questions on the visa.

1) If i leave my current employer, can the employer cancel/revoke the H1 visa?

2) Can i travel for some other company on the same visa? (Provided its not cancelled/revoked)

Thanks!

Originally posted by KD_007 View Post
    Hi

I have H1 visa stamped in my passport valid till 2016.Apparently the visa has my employers name on it.I have few questions on the visa.

1) If i leave my current employer, can the employer cancel/revoke the H1 visa?

2) Can i travel for some other company on the same visa? (Provided its not cancelled/revoked)

Thanks!
    Here are the answers for the best of my knowledge and I may be wrong, so you'll have to double check:
    1) Your H1 will not be revoked. It is still valid till its expiration date. It just means that your current employer ceases to be your sponsor. If you're in the country already that's another issue. Some people say you must leave immediately and some say you may stay for few days (maybe more) until you find another employer with no harm.
    2) If another employer does a transfer for your H1 and becomes your sponsor, you should not need a new stamp, you'll just the new I-797 to present at the point of entry (if they asked for it).

Again that was just based on my very limited knowledge and it's not a legal advice of any sort.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X