Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding FNU Status in VIsa and steps to be taken

Hello,

I am currently processing my H1B from India. I did not realise that the surname area is blank in my passport. Therefore, I understand now that, my visa too will have First Name as FNU and my actual first name will fully appear in the Surname area of visa.

Since H1 is already under process, what actions can be taken from my end to correct that error.

Also, when my visa stamps, it will appear as FNU, so once I enter the immigration form, what should I enter in the I94 form, so as to not have any problems in getting my drivers licence as well as SSN number.

Please help me since I am in great tension on the issue and awaiting some solution.

Thanks

FNU status in H1 Visa

Someone please reply to my query.

I will be very grateful

Comment

My son has got the same problem. I didn't realize his name mistake in passport until he got H4 visa printed first name as FNU (First Name Unknown).

With my experience, I can tell you that you will face the name problem at every office you go to because almost all software system they use do not accept first name as blank. Often they will call you to explain them what the mystery with FNU is... although in my case he is an infant and I do not frequently need to tell anyone about his name... but my sincere advise to you would be to get it rectified immediately. First step would be you need to get a new passport with correct name.

The sooner you get it fixed, there will be less offices/authorities which you will have to inform about name change. Also do not try to change your name on your own while filling any form including I94. You will have to use the exact name as it appears on your passport.

Comment

Regarding FNU Status in VIsa and steps to be taken

Thanks Nauman.

But my visa is already under process am afraid I wont be able to rectify my passport now. Regarding filling up of I-94, exact name that appears in the visa page i.e. First name=FNU, should it be filled like that?

Thanks

Comment

Regarding FNU Status in VIsa and steps to be taken

Please help with my query below. Can passport be rectified when visa is under process

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X