Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 OPT to H4-EAD

Hi All,

I am eligible for the H4 EAD and currently on my OPT .I have a few questions regarding applying for H4-EAD:

1.Can i apply for H4 and H4-EAD together on May - 26 ? If this is possible , it will save 3 months for a lot of folks.
    2.I am working right now and not in a situation to quit.If i apply for my H4 EAD on May 26 , incase my OPT expires while i am still waiting to hear from USCIS, do i get a Cap-Gap option the way H1B applicants get Cap-gap till October ? Or do i have to stop working and wait for my H4-EAD ?

Please Advice.

Thank You and Regards!

My response is just my understanding you should check with your spouses h1b employer's immigration HR /lawyer
    and your school international student adviser for official response
    or contact USCICS

1. Yes you can apply for COS to H4 and H4 EAD together , in that case USCICS will first process your H4 which could takes 3-6 months
    once H4 is approved ,(you will not have any EAD/OPT to work)
    USCICS then start processing your H4 EAD
    So potentially you will not have EAD (or OPT) for about 3 months in between and you can NOT work

2. I think you will have to stop working once your OPT expires
    you will have to wait until you get H4 EAD in Hand

The best way to get H4 is instead of getting COS (which takes 3-6 months)
    travel to your home country and come back on H4 visa
    and then on May 26 apply for EAD
    so you will have EAD in hand by august last week

Originally posted by HQuery View Post
    Hi All,

I am eligible for the H4 EAD and currently on my OPT .I have a few questions regarding applying for H4-EAD:

1.Can i apply for H4 and H4-EAD together on May - 26 ? If this is possible , it will save 3 months for a lot of folks.
    2.I am working right now and not in a situation to quit.If i apply for my H4 EAD on May 26 , incase my OPT expires while i am still waiting to hear from USCIS, do i get a Cap-Gap option the way H1B applicants get Cap-gap till October ? Or do i have to stop working and wait for my H4-EAD ?

Please Advice.

Thank You and Regards!

Comment

Help needed

Hi ,

Could you please let me know

1) were you successful in getting the H4EAd ?
      2) what process did you follow ?
      3) How much time did it take to get EAD after getting H4 ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X