• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Dependant VISA - H1B change of location. Guidance required

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for continuous guidance for all my previous queries
    Needed one more help in regards to H4 VISA

Currently I am on H1B VISA located in Florida.
    Due to project requirement I will be moving to Wisconsin (probably by next month)
    I will soon initiate my LCA transfer.
    Meanwhile I was planning to bring my spouse here hence wanted to start her H4 VISA process.

The question was,
    If I start her VISA process when I am in Florida and by the time her VISA process is completed if I move to Wisconsin
    Will this cause any issues to her VISA? i.e the address change on H1B cause any issues with H4 VISA processing?
    Will I face any issues when she is here in USA later on ?

Thank you in advance
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Prashant

Originally posted by kulkarnipa21 View Post
    Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for continuous guidance for all my previous queries
    Needed one more help in regards to H4 VISA

Currently I am on H1B VISA located in Florida.
    Due to project requirement I will be moving to Wisconsin (probably by next month)
    I will soon initiate my LCA transfer.
    Meanwhile I was planning to bring my spouse here hence wanted to start her H4 VISA process.

The question was,
    If I start her VISA process when I am in Florida and by the time her VISA process is completed if I move to Wisconsin
    Will this cause any issues to her VISA? i.e the address change on H1B cause any issues with H4 VISA processing?
    Will I face any issues when she is here in USA later on ?

Thank you in advance
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Prashant
    Not only LCA I would suggest you get H1 amended too.

As long as she has the right LCA and approved H1 for the location you would be working at the time of her interview I think it should be fine. If it is too difficult to time, I would suggest you apply for H4 after your LCA and H1 amended has been done.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Not only LCA I would suggest you get H1 amended too.

As long as she has the right LCA and approved H1 for the location you would be working at the time of her interview I think it should be fine. If it is too difficult to time, I would suggest you apply for H4 after your LCA and H1 amended has been done.

Thanks for your advice Raghvi!
      The Transfer of H1B VISA will be initiated by the Company, hence I think they will take care of both H1B and LCA.
      You are right, that it would be very difficult for me to time the date of the interview and my work location at that time.
      I was hoping to get started soon, because if my transfer stretches due to external moving pieces then it would take more time to process her VISA.
      i.e the Total time would become (Time required to transfer 1 or 2 months ) + ( 1-2 months for her VISA process)

Thank you as always for your advice!!
      Appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by kulkarnipa21 View Post
        Thanks for your advice Raghvi!
        The Transfer of H1B VISA will be initiated by the Company, hence I think they will take care of both H1B and LCA.
        You are right, that it would be very difficult for me to time the date of the interview and my work location at that time.
        I was hoping to get started soon, because if my transfer stretches due to external moving pieces then it would take more time to process her VISA.
        i.e the Total time would become (Time required to transfer 1 or 2 months ) + ( 1-2 months for her VISA process)

Thank you as always for your advice!!
        Appreciate it.
        H4 visa stamping can be scheduled and be done within a week to 10 days and she can travel within 15 days. So if you dont see your move happening in next 1 Month, might as well go with the current petition and let her travel in next 15 days for your current location.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X