Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 status change and its impact on I-94 of dependent

Hello,

my L1-B expired in 2013 and I am staying on I-94 right now. My wife came on L2 and had received I-94 till June 2016.

My company is now applying for H1 visa for me and my wife in consular mode. If my H1-B is approved and stamped in October 1st, I know that L2 would be nullified. But would that CANCEL her I-94 status as well?

Did anyone had similar situation?

Originally posted by nikpatki View Post
    Hello,

my L1-B expired in 2013 and I am staying on I-94 right now. My wife came on L2 and had received I-94 till June 2016.

My company is now applying for H1 visa for me and my wife in consular mode. If my H1-B is approved and stamped in October 1st, I know that L2 would be nullified. But would that CANCEL her I-94 status as well?

Did anyone had similar situation?
    If your H1 is approved and stamped in October, by this statement, do you mean you would be leaving US in October and going for new H1 stamping? If yes, why would you not take your spouse along with you too? As soon as you move to H1 your spouse ceases to be on L2 and her L2 associated I-94 also becomes void.

Also, how long have you already completed in US on L1? As that will decide the H1 duration you would be getting.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X