Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beyond 6 years of Approval Notice for H1B - Cap Exempt or Under Capped Quota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond 6 years of Approval Notice for H1B - Cap Exempt or Under Capped Quota?

Hi All,

I have applied for H1B in 2008 and got the Approval Notice (I-797 B, Notice of Action & Case Type: I129). The validity for Approval notice is from 10/01/2008 to 08/15/2011.

I never went for H1B stamping till date nor did I visit US through any other form(Like L1 visa etc) i.e., I have not made use of the Approval for H1B stamping till date.

I know that the Approval Notice is valid till 6 years for sure. However, my question is that as I have not made use of the Approval Notice nor have I entered US till date, Can I use the Approval Letter for H1B without going for Lottery system for this year 2015 quota.

I request experienced people who knows the exact answer to reply back. Please ask if anything is not clear from my side.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by JSCHANDRA View Post
    Hi All,

I have applied for H1B in 2008 and got the Approval Notice (I-797 B, Notice of Action & Case Type: I129). The validity for Approval notice is from 10/01/2008 to 08/15/2011.

I never went for H1B stamping till date nor did I visit US through any other form(Like L1 visa etc) i.e., I have not made use of the Approval for H1B stamping till date.

I know that the Approval Notice is valid till 6 years for sure. However, my question is that as I have not made use of the Approval Notice nor have I entered US till date, Can I use the Approval Letter for H1B without going for Lottery system for this year 2015 quota.

I request experienced people who knows the exact answer to reply back. Please ask if anything is not clear from my side.

Thanks in advance.
    2008 was over 6 Years back. I do not think you are cap exempt.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      2008 was over 6 Years back. I do not think you are cap exempt.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Yes, it was evident that its 6 years back. But the thing is that I never went for stamping nor did i travel to US through any means of Visa. Hence, I am enquiring with the experience people who has underwent same situations.

Guys, if any of you have gone through my situation please respond.

Thanks in advance..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X