Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resignation on H1B - Accenture -- Shipra

Hi Everyone,

My name is Shipra... I am planning to go on H1b to US (Accenture - GCP)

However, I am suffering from medical condition in India for which it might be difficult to find doctors / buy medicines over there in US.

So, my questions are:

1. If I plan to come back to India due to the reason above; and join other company, can I resign on H1b Visa... may be in a month after going to US? I wont be changing company in US; I would have to return to India (as per my will)

2. What is the typical notice period I need to serve when working in US on H1b? ( My company is Accenture ).

3. My notice period is 3 months in Accenture India; do I need to serve the same notice period in US on H1b?

Please help guys... Take Care!!!

Shipra

Originally posted by Shipra_Accenture View Post
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Shipra... I am planning to go on H1b to US (Accenture - GCP)

However, I am suffering from medical condition in India for which it might be difficult to find doctors / buy medicines over there in US.

So, my questions are:

1. If I plan to come back to India due to the reason above; and join other company, can I resign on H1b Visa... may be in a month after going to US? I wont be changing company in US; I would have to return to India (as per my will)

2. What is the typical notice period I need to serve when working in US on H1b? ( My company is Accenture ).

3. My notice period is 3 months in Accenture India; do I need to serve the same notice period in US on H1b?

Please help guys... Take Care!!!

Shipra
    I dont think any question pertains to immigration rules as such nonetheless would try to answer.

1. Yes you can. Why would you want to go just for a month?
    2. 7 3. Typically its 2 Weeks in US, but it depends upon your internal company policies. There are some companies who transfer employees from India to US, yet impose India notice period requirements (3 Months) check with your HR.

Make sure you have adequate insurance while in US as medical bills can be really high in US if one does not have adequate insurance.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
    Last edited by raghvi; 03-18-2015, 08:17 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X