• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa extension and I-140 filing with new employer

First my details

H1B Visa Expiry - Sept 30th 2015
    I-797A Expiry - May 6th 2016

Current I-94 Expiry - July 3rd 2015 (I was given this expiry during my recent India visit because my passport would have expired on that date, I have received my new passport since then)
    Old I-94 Expiry - May 6th 2016 (this was the I-94 that I received with the I797A)

GC Status - I-140 approved (With my previous employer)

I have a few questions -

1) As my I-94 expiry is nearing do I have to leave the country and enter back to get a new I-94? or because my visa expires later, I can stay in the US as long as I have a valid visa (i.e. Sept 2015)? also is there a provision to apply for extending the I-94 from within the US?

2) Because my visa expires on Sept 2015, can I apply for extension now? I am in my 5th year of H1, will I get a 3 year extension or will I get an extension until the expiry of my I-797A?

3) My H1B visa (with expiry of Sept,2015) I have on my passport mentions my old employer, however my I-797 is with my new employer. However my I-140 is with my previous employer (I have not ported my I-140 yet) Will I get the 3 year extension (when my 6 year period is up) via my new employer?

4) considering May 6th 2016 is when my 6 years are up, if I start my I-140 porting today, have I jeopardized anything yet?

Extremely anxious with all these moving dates and expiries. I was hoping if I could get my H1B extended by 3 years with my current employer then I would not port my I-140 to the new employer.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X