Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Amend" or "Extend" an existing concurent H1-B petition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Amend" or "Extend" an existing concurent H1-B petition?

Hello all,

I seek an urgent informed advice in this matter:

I have an H-1B and a concurrent H-1B, both valid till April 2015. An extension petition for my main H1-B status was filed, though not yet approved, and we are currently filing an extension of the concurrent H1-B, for which LCA is valid till the end of March.

MY QUESTION IS THIS: On the I-129 in the concurrent H1-B extension case, should we mark "extend the stay of each beneficiary" or "amend the stay of each beneficiary" (Part 2, Question 4 of the I-129 - "Requested action")? I ask because 3 years ago, I already had a valid H1-B when applying for the concurrent H1-B, and "amend" was marked on the I-129 form for the concurrent H1-B. This time, my main H1-B extension has not been approved yet, and I'm not sure whether we should say "amend" or "extend," since the situation is different now than 3 year ago.

If anyone knowledgeable in this matter could respond to me, I would be very grateful. Thanks to all for your consideration!

A related question: How does a small company with many part-time employees calculate their number of "full-time equivalent" employees, to determine the amount of the U.S. Worker Training fee? Thanks to all for your help!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X