Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delayed mail and tts appmt cancellation! (Slightly Off-topic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delayed mail and tts appmt cancellation! (Slightly Off-topic)

Hi,

Sorry for posting a slightly off-topic question.

I've my h1b interview scheduled on dec 20 tuesday through ttsvisas and scheduled to leave to chennai from bangalore on monday dec 19 afternoon.

My employer has dispatched me the documents though USPS on Dec 6th and it has left US on Dec 7th (as per the online status). But even after 10 days, it has not reached Bangalore. Its literally lost somewhere on the way without a trace...

I've called up all speedpost managers in Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, But strangely they all claim that it has not arrived at all... The package is missing. Worst case I should have the documents ready by saturday.

So now that I dont have any original documents, and I dont see any sign of getting them by saturday. MY employer suggested taking the printouts of scanned photocopies, but I really doubt, that this would be accepted.

So, I am planning to cancel this appointment.

But as per instructions in ttsvisas web apptmt reciept, we should cancel the appointment

"until 2:00 PM (IST) two days prior to the date of appointment. E.g: appointments for friday can be changed only up to 2:00 PM wednesday. Exception - Monday Appointments cannot be changed beyond 2:00 PM (IST) on Friday"

Does this mean, I've time till Sunday 2:00 PM to cancel? Please clarify.

Thanks!
    CSP

PS: If anyone has any similar experience of 'lost' mail with EMS international speed post, please let me know of any pointers how to trace and get it back.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X