Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B- 7th year extension

Hi!
    I have filed for my 7th year extension on basis of labor pending for more than 365 days, in May 2005. In October I got a query for additional documents which I sent in immediately. I have still not received my approval. My I-94 expires Jan 6th, 2006.

My question is if I do not receive a reply of from the INS (USCIS) by Jan then will I have to exit the country? Will I be out of statur or I am legally allowed to stay till I get my reply?

Please advise, this is urgent.

Thanks.

Dont' know much about it but I think even the receipt of filling H-1B extension or renewal keeps you in status for certain number of days...Don't know how much.. but you shall inquire.
    SD

Comment

7th Year Extension is a privilege not a right. You will not be out of status until you hear from them. However, to avoid frustration I suggest that you immediately have your petition converted to a Premium Processing application. Send Form I-907 with $1000.00 fee with a copy of the receipt notice to the premium processing unit at the service center where they originally filed your H1 Petition.

This is not a legal advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X