Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on LCA

Hi,

I am working for a company and the current LCA is valid till June this year. Due to company requirements, I have to move to another project in a different location by Mid April. The company has already filed for the LCA and start date is Mid April. Now, because of work criticality I have to stay in my current project till April end and then move to the new Project.

My question is, will my current LCA at the current location get invalidated after Mid April because a new LCA is issued at a new location?
    Can I work at current location till end of April and then move to the new project?

LCA is an application/notification to the Labor department to fill a specific position by a H1B candidate. The labor department ensures that no other person was available to fill the post, hence an H1B candidate is being posted at the same prevailing wage conditions. LCA does NOT apply to any particular individual. It is rather applicable to a specific job post. If you check your LCA your name will nowhere be mentioned in it. There is nothing called as LCA being invalidated. Its just an approval from Labor department to fill a position. The start date and end date are provided as per rules. A candidate can be placed anytime during the tenure approved.

This is just out of my experience & not a legal advise.

Parallely the best people to answer your doubts would be the immigration team of your office.

ILLUMIINATI

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X