H1B Stamping in Chennai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping in Chennai

I came to US during Apr 2013 through employer A through H1B. Visa validity until Sep 2013. Applied extension and new petition valid until Apr 2017. Switched to different employer B during Jan 2014 through H1B transfer and got new petition approved until June 2015. Applied extension and petition got approved valid until Dec 2017 through employer B. I am planning to visit India and I was told by my employer that I need to go for Visa stamping in Chennai. My pay roll will be generated even I am in vacation. Now my question is, I am kind of skeptical after hearing chances of visa stamping rejections through friends. Are there chances Visa can get rejected or the process may go under Administrative processing/221 g based on your experiences or through others. If this is by 1% chance, then I am planning to cancel my trip to India as this is no such necessity. Can you please share your thoughts?

Originally posted by craig2013 View Post
    I came to US during Apr 2013 through employer A through H1B. Visa validity until Sep 2013. Applied extension and new petition valid until Apr 2017. Switched to different employer B during Jan 2014 through H1B transfer and got new petition approved until June 2015. Applied extension and petition got approved valid until Dec 2017 through employer B. I am planning to visit India and I was told by my employer that I need to go for Visa stamping in Chennai. My pay roll will be generated even I am in vacation. Now my question is, I am kind of skeptical after hearing chances of visa stamping rejections through friends. Are there chances Visa can get rejected or the process may go under Administrative processing/221 g based on your experiences or through others. If this is by 1% chance, then I am planning to cancel my trip to India as this is no such necessity. Can you please share your thoughts?
    With any visa stamping process, there are always chances of rejection. Its difficult to put a percentage point to it. But if your documents are proper, I do not see any reason to fear.

Few things to consider , how big is your employer? how many people on H1? do you work for an end client? If yes, do you have the necessary paper work to prove you still have valid employer-employee relations ship? Do you have end client letter/SOW/MSA?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X