Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife I94 - wrong visa classification - L2 instead of H4

Hi,
    MY wife recently came through Newark airport from india.She came on a valid H4 visa.The stamp in her passport indicates that she is admitted as H4 until visa expiry date which is also petition expiry date.2 days after we checked the I94 and it shows the visa classification as L2 with same expiry date as stamped on the passport?

Anyone before in this situation and what is the solution for this?

Regards,
    Deeps

Originally posted by dipakn928 View Post
    Hi,
    MY wife recently came through Newark airport from india.She came on a valid H4 visa.The stamp in her passport indicates that she is admitted as H4 until visa expiry date which is also petition expiry date.2 days after we checked the I94 and it shows the visa classification as L2 with same expiry date as stamped on the passport?

Anyone before in this situation and what is the solution for this?

Regards,
    Deeps
    Did you have a previous L1? Go to the nearest CBP office and they should be able to correct it.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Yes - I had a previous L1 then converted to H1 - sp she also converted from L2 to H4 -Now at POE they put CWOP - Cancel without Prejudice on L2 visa which I am fine with - then the office put a stamp of H4 with admitted date of Visa/petition expiry in front of H4 visa - However online I94 shows L2 -So this is a error on CBP.
      part?

Expiry date of i94 is as per H4 expiry date which is fine.Her details are all right.Only visa classification is wrong

As far as I am remember at POE they enter visa classification.My wife was asked the purpose of visit to which she replied I work on H1 here and she showed the H4 visa.After that the office went through the entire passport as usual and stamped it correctly while the electronic I94 is wrong.

Do i need to take an appointment or simply walkin?
      do she needs to come with me?

Comment

Originally posted by dipakn928 View Post
        Yes - I had a previous L1 then converted to H1 - sp she also converted from L2 to H4 -Now at POE they put CWOP - Cancel without Prejudice on L2 visa which I am fine with - then the office put a stamp of H4 with admitted date of Visa/petition expiry in front of H4 visa - However online I94 shows L2 -So this is a error on CBP.
        part?

Expiry date of i94 is as per H4 expiry date which is fine.Her details are all right.Only visa classification is wrong

As far as I am remember at POE they enter visa classification.My wife was asked the purpose of visit to which she replied I work on H1 here and she showed the H4 visa.After that the office went through the entire passport as usual and stamped it correctly while the electronic I94 is wrong.

Do i need to take an appointment or simply walkin?
        do she needs to come with me?
        I dont think there is an appointment. Try correction through http://www.cbp.gov/contact/section-5...orrection-form . Other wise walk in. Your spouse would have to go as its her passport and I-94, take along the relevant documentation, you can go with your spouse if you want to.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X