Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 extension - Spouse entered US on H4, but now got F1 COS approved

Hello,

I have my H1B visa expiring in September 2015, and have to file for my extension through my company. My wife who came here initially on H4 VISA, is currently doing her Masters. She joined the school on H4, and recently got her F1 COS (I-539) approved (waiting for the mail from USCIS - received an approval confirmation on USCIS website).

As I go through the extension of my VISA, should I get her H4 extended too ? I would need to know that prior to filing the extension on my H1B.

I hear from some sources that she no longer would need an extension on H4, as her status is already valid on F1 (till the course completion). But I hear conflicting remarks too. Please advise.

Thanks Anu

Since you have applied and been approved for change of status, she is now on a F1 status. I am fairly certain you do not have to extend her H4 when you extend your H1 visa.

Comment

Thank you very much for the advice.

Originally posted by f22raptor View Post
      Since you have applied and been approved for change of status, she is now on a F1 status. I am fairly certain you do not have to extend her H4 when you extend your H1 visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X