Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1B

Dear Friends,

I came to US in H4 visa and I got my H1B approval notice without I94. It means I have H1B approval(I797) notice But employer didn't do the chance of status from H4 to H1B. Now I am going to India for H1B stamping in chennai. from May Month onwards I will work for InHouse project. Now my question is, I don't have payslip I have only offer letter from my employer. Is it visa officer ask about my payslip and if visa officer ask about you came here for change of status? if he ask like this what is my answer should be.

Please reply my post. It will very very useful.

Thank you
    Last edited by agoplan; 04-01-2015, 01:05 AM.

Originally posted by agoplan View Post
    Dear Friends,

I came to US in H4 visa and I got my H1B approval notice without I94. It means I have H1B approval(I797) notice But employer didn't do the chance of status from H4 to H1B. Now I am going to India for H1B stamping in chennai. from May Month onwards I will work for InHouse project. Now my question is, I don't have payslip I have only offer letter from my employer. Is it visa officer ask about my payslip and if visa officer ask about you came here for change of status? if he ask like this what is my answer should be.

Please reply my post. It will very very useful.

Thank you
    First of all, you are not supposed to be working for the employer, with or without pay, as you are still on H4. Also, you dont need to show payslips. If you tell you have already been working for them you would most likely get rejected.
    Last but not the least, I would be skeptical about attending visa interview for a "in house project". If you dont have proper documentation about the "in house project" chances of approval are low and may be fruitless attending H1 stamping.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X