Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [URGENT]Project Change after H1B stamping

Hello,

I am in a situation where I need urgent help as I am flying after 2 days.

1. My LCA and petition was filed for a in house project in NJ and I stamped by passport.
    2. While I am in India, my employer found a better project for me but the client location is in WA.
    3. My employer location is in NJ.
    4. My employer has filed an LCA for updated location(WA) which is approved.
    5. I have booked my ticket and will be entering US from SEATTLE

what kind of questions I can expect at POE? is it MUST to have the client letter?

Originally posted by sakshi1982 View Post
    Hello,

I am in a situation where I need urgent help as I am flying after 2 days.

1. My LCA and petition was filed for a in house project in NJ and I stamped by passport.
    2. While I am in India, my employer found a better project for me but the client location is in WA.
    3. My employer location is in NJ.
    4. My employer has filed an LCA for updated location(WA) which is approved.
    5. I have booked my ticket and will be entering US from SEATTLE

what kind of questions I can expect at POE? is it MUST to have the client letter?
    Isnt the company applying for H1 amendment too?

Comment

Hello, just the LCA update. My nature of work is same and my designation also remains same

Comment

How about the location?

Comment

Yeyh, my employer has applied for LCA with new location and its approved, I have the signed copy of it..

Comment

Yeyh, my employer has applied for LCA with new location and its approved, I have the signed copy of it..
            Generally it is recommended to do a H1 amendment too for location change. USCIS has been doing more of site visits and if you don't do h1 amendment they would go to old site at NJ and inquire. Upon not finding you there, they may ask for a revocation of H1. But at the same time if you don't have end client letter, trying a H1 amendment can bring in more scrutiny, so its a call you and your employer have to take whether the risk of not filing H1 amendment is worth it.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

friend,

How did it go? All set?
              I am also in similar situation now. Just would like to know your experience.

Cheers....

Comment

I believe its become mandatory to apply H1 amendment in such circumstances

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sankar28 View Post
                  friend,

How did it go? All set?
                  I am also in similar situation now. Just would like to know your experience.

Cheers....
                  It went smooth. the officer did ask me to show the offer letter. although my employer filed H1 amendment just after 2 payrolls.

Comment

It went smooth. the officer did ask me to show the offer letter. although my employer filed H1 amendment just after 2 payrolls.
                    Hi, so you mean your h1 amendment got approved? How long it took for approval? Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X