USCIS Received 233,000 H1B applications!!! Lottery Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS Received 233,000 H1B applications!!! Lottery Done

USCIS received about nearly 233,000 H-1B petitions during the filing period, which began April 1, including petitions filed for the advanced degree exemption. On April 13, USCIS used a computer-generated random selection process, or lottery, to select enough petitions to meet the 65,000 general-category cap and the 20,000 cap under the advanced degree exemption. USCIS will reject and return all unselected petitions with their filing fees, unless the petition is found to be a duplicate filing.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced on April 7, 2015 that it has received enough H-1B petitions to reach the

when would we receive the results if we selected in lottery or no, if filed under,

1) Regular processing?

2) Premium processing?

Comment

Originally posted by mexico View Post
      when would we receive the results if we selected in lottery or no, if filed under,

1) Regular processing?

2) Premium processing?
      Cant say for sure, the first batch to go out would be Master's Premium. Regular processing you can expect May End - Jul End. Premium Processing would be April End - May End.

There are other ways to indirectly track too, such as whether your check has been cashed.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

What is a duplicate filing??

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        USCIS received about nearly 233,000 H-1B petitions during the filing period, which began April 1, including petitions filed for the advanced degree exemption. On April 13, USCIS used a computer-generated random selection process, or lottery, to select enough petitions to meet the 65,000 general-category cap and the 20,000 cap under the advanced degree exemption. USCIS will reject and return all unselected petitions with their filing fees, unless the petition is found to be a duplicate filing.

http://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/usc...rocess-fy-2016
        What is a duplicate filing?? So I want to understand that if someone gets two or more sponsors willing to sponsor you cant use them all but just one.

Comment

Originally posted by Aldo Terra View Post
          What is a duplicate filing?? So I want to understand that if someone gets two or more sponsors willing to sponsor you cant use them all but just one.
          Duplicate filing is
          1. Same employer filing for different positions for the same employee.
          2. Different Employers filing for same position for same employee.

Different employers filing for different positions for same employee is not duplicate filing.

Comment

Duplicate filing is
            1. Same employer filing for different positions for the same employee.
            2. Different Employers filing for same position for same employee.

Different employers filing for different positions for same employee is not duplicate filing.

Thanks raghvi

So If I find two different employers, with two different positions
            a. Accountant
            b. Tax accounatnt

would they be OK as two different positions??

Comment

Originally posted by Aldo Terra View Post
              Thanks raghvi

So If I find two different employers, with two different positions
              a. Accountant
              b. Tax accounatnt

would they be OK as two different positions??
              Yes as long as there is no legal relation between the two employers.

Comment

Yes as long as there is no legal relation between the two employers.

Thanks raghvi, appreciate that.

Comment

USCIS Received 233,000 H1B applications!!! Lottery Done

Filed in premium H 2016.

My Employer did not get any response till now.

Does it mean I am not selected in Lottery?

Comment

No response to my PP 2016.

Lost all hopes now.

Comment

Premium and no response, I dont want you to lose hope but start thinking about a back up plan.

Comment

Application received

My employer filed an H1B cap for me and last week my attorney provided me with EAC receipt number and when I checked my status on USCIS website, it says my application was received.

"My Case Was Received On April 13, 2015, we received your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC YYYY YYYY , and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. "

Does it mean my case is selected in H1B lottery???

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ps316 View Post
                          My employer filed an H1B cap for me and last week my attorney provided me with EAC receipt number and when I checked my status on USCIS website, it says my application was received.

"My Case Was Received On April 13, 2015, we received your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC YYYY YYYY , and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. "

Does it mean my case is selected in H1B lottery???

Thanks
                          Yes.

Comment

Approved form I-129

My employer filed H1B application for me and i got a mail from our HR saying that my petition has been selected but USCIS has not made a final decision regarding my petition and they have given me receipt number WAC YYYY YYYY XX. Hence I'm confuse whether my application is selected or not.

However when i checked status on USCIS it says that "We approved your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WAC YYYY YYYY XX. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice."

Can you please tel me what is it mean and what steps pending still?

Comment

Originally posted by dp2212 View Post
                              My employer filed H1B application for me and i got a mail from our HR saying that my petition has been selected but USCIS has not made a final decision regarding my petition and they have given me receipt number WAC YYYY YYYY XX. Hence I'm confuse whether my application is selected or not.

However when i checked status on USCIS it says that "We approved your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WAC YYYY YYYY XX. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice."

Can you please tel me what is it mean and what steps pending still?
                              It pretty much means your H1 petition was selected and approved. Wait for the employer/attorney to get the I797, using which you can schedule a visa interview at a US consulate on filling DS-160 form online and paying the necessary fees.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X